My good friends across the newsroom are having so much fun with L.A. Unleashed that I thought I’d add a special mystery picture, just for them. OK, who is our dog lover and, for bonus points, what’s the dog’s name?
- Natalie Wood? Good guess. But no.
- Patricia Breslin and Theo from "The People’s Choice?" Alas, no.
- Carole Lombard and her dachshund, Commissioner? Excellent guess! But no.
- Susan Hayward? Sorry, no.
- Shirley Temple? Alas, no.
- Bette Davis? I’m afraid not.
- Audrey Hepburn? Interesting guess, but no.
- Judy Garland? Sorry, no.
- Ingrid Bergman? Alas, no.
- Marie Prevost? Interesting guess. But no.
- Joan Crawford? (Jessell Ranilla). Joan Crawford and Pupschen? (Heath Hewitt). Absolutely right. Very impressive. This is Mrs. Franchot Tone in 1936 with "Pupchen." Hey wait! Where’s your collar, Pupchen?!
Here are some other photos of Crawford and her pets.
Crawford and Lady in 1959.
Lady lies on the couch while Joan Crawford shares an intimate moment with Masterpiece IV.