Nov. 13, 1947: Little Miss Cornshucks is at the Last Word, 4206 Central Ave. The Last Word opened in July 1947 and seems to have closed in 1951. Or at least it was no longer advertising in the Sentinel.
On the jump: Columnist Edward Robinson writes about the Rev. John L. Branham and his plans to build a church at 50th and Main streets.