Movieland Mystery Photo [Updated]

April 24, 2011, Mystery Photo
  Los Angeles Times file photo

[Update: June 11, 1936 — Franchot Tone and Robert Greig in a comedy sequence in MGM's "The Unguarded Hour," directed by Sam Wood. Loretta Young plays the heroine in the Lawrence Weingarten production.]

Our mystery fellow has a mystery companion!

This entry was posted in Film, Hollywood, Mystery Photo, Photography. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Movieland Mystery Photo [Updated]

1. Peter Mullan says:

Franchot Tone (left), Eric Blore (right)

2. fibber mcgee says:

Wow, Sunday’s photo sure beats the pants off of me. Molly says I should keep my shirt on. The two actors look like they are having one of their little spats.

3. Mary mallory says:

Franchot tone and Robert Greig in THE UNGUARDED HOUR.

4. Julie Merholz says:

Franchot Tone & Robert Greig

5. Cold in PHX says:

Franchot with the butler from Sullivan’s Travels.

6. RJ says:

Franchot Tone & Eric Blore. Blore was great in Sullivan’s Travels . “It (poverty) is to be stayed away from, even for purposes of study. It is to be shunned.”

7. Mark Heimback-Nielsen says:

Franchot Tone (left) and Robert Greig (right) possibly in “Midnight Mary”?

8. Rick Scott says:

Franchot Tone and Robert Grieg. Eric Blore was shorter and his lower lip would be out twice as far!

9. PatriceLAT says:

I love old movies, watch nearly nothing other than TCM but you always stump me! I was so pleased to think I finally knew one and then read you were making it easy for the holiday!!!
    Franchot Tone I knew. I had to look up Robert Greig’s name. He was one of the great butlers, but I think Eric Blore was probably my favorite.

Leave a Reply. Note: Your IP is logged with your comment so a fake name and email address are useless.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )