Feb. 25, 1908


An "instantaneous heater" explodes while a man is taking a bath and the fire destroys much of the home at 1201 W. 7th. … A fire caused by crossed wires in the attic destroys a home at 2659 Ellendale Place [Recall that in this period, wires were run between porcelain insulators that were nailed into the studs]   … a man is captured after stealing a suitcase … And the dramatic tale of the tragic death of Solomon Rey Ramirez.


Email me

About lmharnisch

I am retired from the Los Angeles Times
This entry was posted in Downtown, Front Pages, Homicide, Robberies and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply. Note: Your IP is logged with your comment so a fake name and email address are useless.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s