Movieland Mystery Photo [Updated]

June 29, 2011, Mystery Photo
Photographs by Howard Decker

Our pal Fibber (Howard Decker) sends along two pictures as mystery photos. Thanks!

[Congratulations to Lorenzo for identifying Season Hubley!]

June 29, 2011, Mystery Photo

Howard writes:

They show Desi Arnaz Jr. and Season Hubley cavorting in the fountain in front of the Century Plaza Hotel for the 1973 TV movie “She Lives.” The plot is simple, it’s the plot idea behind “Love Story” but she lives, rather than dies.

I was photographing a Hollywood event in the hotel one evening when I noticed some movie shooting going on outside. The two of them rode up on bicycles (I can’t remember if they were on a bicycle-built-for-two or separate bikes) ditched the bikes and jumped into the fountain. Part of a big romance going on in the film….

Here’s Cecil Smith’s Sept. 12, 1973, review of the TV movie:

Sept. 12, 1973, She Lives

This entry was posted in Film, Hollywood, Mystery Photo, Photography and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Movieland Mystery Photo [Updated]

1. Eve says:

Was that the night they were shooting “La Dolce Vita” and some weisenheimer turned the Trevi Fountain on “high?”

2. Lorenzo says:

Looks like Season Hubley.

3. it looks a bit like debbie reynolds.

4. Mary Mallory says:

I think it’s the music center downtown.

5. Mary Mallory says:

The only other LA spot it could be is Century City, but nothing from the 70s comes up for either place on imdb.

6. Fibber McGee says:

I love Cecil Smith’ s take on Season Hubley, “a tousled lollipop of a girl.” She was so pretty when I got to know her a little bit back in the 1970s. I want to add that Season was the nicest person I ever met in Hollywood.